[DeTomaso] MaxJax 2-Post Portable Lift

Dick Koch redcatman74 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 7 08:23:23 EDT 2016

Now that Asa has added some positive and constructive thoughts on this
forum, I would like to get some thoughts on a lift I am looking to buy to
use in working on my Pantera (more like finally repairing it).

http://www.asedeals.com/store/dannmar-portable-car-lift-maxjax/

The lift has been discussed many times on the forum. However, I would like
to get some current information on folks that have installed the lift to
work on their Pantera.

As a reference, I have a two car, one double wide door garage that will not
accommodate a full height fixed installation lift, or 4 post lift.

Questions/Recommendations

1 - quality issues, such as hydraulic fluid leakage.

2 - vendor response to any product issues.

3 - lift installation problems/techniques.

4 - installation tips that relate specifically to the Pantera, such as it's
40/60 weight distribution.

5 - post tilt under load

6 - distance between posts necessary to allow enough room to open doors to
"comfortably" work on the interior. (Yeah, I know that is an oxymoron)

7 - accessory and additional modification recommendations

8 - recs on sources to buy the lift, or not to buy.

Also, are there any other manufacturers to consider with a similar
configuration?

Thanks in advance for your input on a car related topic.

Dick Koch - Atlanta