[DeTomaso] Clutch Pedal Reduction Kit with Diaphragm Pressure Plate?

Ken Green kenn_green at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 2 15:19:56 EDT 2016

Thanks Barry,
     I'll have to take the long throw slave into consideration. I haven't gone to one YET.
     What I was originally trying to get at is that nothing is free, and assuming the same amount of master cylinder stroke, the reduction kit can only redistribute the work from the end of the stroke to the start of the stroke.  If the pressure plate follows a simple F=KX relationship between force and disengagement, it makes sense to transfer some of the effort from the end of the stroke to the beginning.  But I don't think a diaphragm pressure plate is very linear, so the force near the end of the stroke does not follow a F=KX relationship.  Additionally, I think the more your leg is extended, the easier it is to apply force.
    Maybe do more squats?
Ken