[DeTomaso] Clutch Pedal Reduction Kit with Diaphragm Pressure Plate?

B. SEIB oldwheel at shaw.ca
Thu Jun 2 13:32:23 EDT 2016

Ken

I have a Centerforce Pantera diaphragm clutch. I have the effort reduction
kit and the Long throw slave in stainless steel.
The pedal effort is still pretty fierce. I would say maybe 40-50 lbs to
depress. I'm thinking of going back to the stock slave cylinder which will
reduce pedal effort at the expense of less friction plate clearance when
depressed. I seem to have an abundance of that.

Barry

  Given the mechanical characteristics of a diaphragm pressure plate, does
it make any sense to use a clutch pedal kit with one?  My recollection is
that the clutch pedal kit provides more leverage when the pedal is fully
depressed, but a diaphragm pressure plate does that anyway?
Ken