[DeTomaso] Clutch Pedal Reduction Kit with Diaphragm Pressure Plate?

Dave davel at emspace.com
Thu Jun 2 13:15:16 EDT 2016

I can give you a measured result Ken.

With no kit and a dual surface Centerforce:

- I don't notice it when road driving
- about 20 mins of rush-hour bump&go is OK.
   beyond that I have to spend as much time in neutral as I can manage.

Dave

On 6/1/2016 8:50 PM, Ken Green via DeTomaso wrote:
>      Given the mechanical characteristics of a diaphragm pressure plate,
>     does it make any sense to use a clutch pedal kit with one?  My
>     recollection is that the clutch pedal kit provides more leverage when
>     the pedal is fully depressed, but a diaphragm pressure plate does that
>     anyway?
>     Ken

   I can give you a measured result Ken.

   With no kit and a dual surface Centerforce:

   - I don't notice it when road driving
   - about 20 mins of rush-hour bump&go is OK.
     beyond that I have to spend as much time in neutral as I can manage.

   Dave

    Given the mechanical characteristics of a diaphragm pressure plate,
   does it make any sense to use a clutch pedal kit with one?  My
   recollection is that the clutch pedal kit provides more leverage when
   the pedal is fully depressed, but a diaphragm pressure plate does that
   anyway?
   Ken

nks above.

Members who post to this list grant license to the list to forward any message p
osted here to all past, current, or future members of the list. They also grant
the list owner permission to maintain an archive or approve the archiving of lis
t messages.