[DeTomaso] NPC - USA Today filmed my 1949 Mercury "Woodie"

Scott Couchman scottcouchman at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 31 19:23:54 EDT 2016

I assume you're asking about the pusher fans. No, they obviously weren't an option. I installed them temporarily as part of an investigation of overheating in preparation for a parade. I subsequently elected not to do the parade and instead elected to have the flathead blue printed to make sure everything was to factory specs. The fans were left in place, but weren't connected at the time of the video and have since been removed. Some of the "overheating" was the result of a sending unit problem that also was diagnosed and corrected. With the sending unit functional and the engine running like new, the car doesn't overheat based on IR temp readings, and the dash temp gauge reflects it correctly. I offered in an earlier post last week that the fans had been removed after blueprinting the engine. I hope this more detailed explanation clears up any confusion about the electric fans.