[DeTomaso] Pantera on Big Easy Motors

Dave webmaster at motorspot.com
Sat Jul 30 11:56:06 EDT 2016

My friend, Charles Handler, co-owner of the Bomb Factory and star of the TV
show, Big Easy Motors, asked me to post the below information:

Hi

My name is Charles Handler and I  am   the owner of the Bomb Factory in New
Orleans.
I wanted to post to your Pantera community to share my thoughts on the car
we did on our show last week.

First of all for the record- I love Panteras!! I  have  always wanted one
and I wish I could afford one.
We did one on the show because I love them so much and we had a chance to
get the one we found.
If I presented Panteras in a negative light,  I am not sure where.  They
have known cooling issues as ours did.  But rewatch the episode and see at
the end where I say "the hardest part was letting that car go. I love those
cars"  that is totally true.  Hang your hat on that statement FWIW.

We had to create some drama with me saying the "parts may have to come from
Italy" but we also showed repeatedly how the engine is made in the US and
parts are easy to get.

The research on the particular Pantera we did (which was not shown on
camera) showed this to be an original west coast car that had only one small
bit of rust in one rocker.  Other then this and a few things like an antenna
plug which we filled, the car is a solid original car that is unmolested and
in extremely good condition.

For the record, we are a high end paint and body shop and we put a show -
quality finish on the car.  Just because we did it in  two  weeks, does not
mean we dont care or we    are  sloppy.  We did excellent work on a car that
needed little to be made beautiful.   Please don't confuse the speed of a
job with the care taken.  We take extreme pride in our work and we put a
lot of love into this Pantera.

Finally, the sale price for the car is absolutely in line with the market
for a solid original car with a fresh coat of paint and in perfect
mechanical shape.
There is nothing about the situation of the sale that is out of line with
the market for these cars right now.

I really truly wish I could afford a Pantera.  I  would  prefer a 72 that is
Orange with black rockers.  Someday, I hope to own one of these.

I  am very glad to see so many passionate Pantera owners on this message
board and I sincerely hope that each one of you all understands how much we
love these cars and why we chose to do one on our show.

Thanks

Charles Handler

Charles Handler Ph.D.
President/Founder: Rocket-Hire