[DeTomaso] Rejected.....Fwd: Your Ford GT Application

Scott Couchman scottcouchman at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 28 06:38:11 EDT 2016

I even made a personal pitch to Raj Nair when I talked with him at Le Mans 24h. I suggested being at Le Mans to cheer on the team should count for something. He was very nice and asked if I was there with the Ford GT owners group.
Ford GT ownership seemed to be key. I really don't understand that criteria since very few of those cars get driven. If Ford wants them to become museum pieces, just donate them to 250 car museums.
Anyway, he told me I needed to talk with Henry Ford 3. Apparently, he was charged with making the selections. I think he was at Le Mans, but I never crossed paths with him, and that must have sealed my fate! :-( at least you got to see what the rejection letter said. Oh well, if you don't show up, you don't get to play. Rejection is part of the game.