[DeTomaso] Monterey Historics agenda

jtaphorn at kingwoodcable.com jtaphorn at kingwoodcable.com
Wed Jul 27 21:30:52 EDT 2016

I appreciate these recommendations on Monterey.  My wife Mary and I are coming out for the week and look forward to catching up with and meeting the other Pantera owners as well as seeing the sights.  As first timers and with so much taking place that week, it is nice to learn best how to spend our time.  Topping our  list is the Vintage races and cheering on fellow Houstonian, Gray Gregory in his Chevron.

Look forward to seeing you guys.

JT
---- Julian Kift <julian_kift at hotmail.com> wrote:

I usually arrive on Thursday afternoon, check in then head to the Baja Cantina. Last year on Friday I spent most of the day at the auctions, I found the Mecum auction and setting a great place to relax and wander around, much more accessible than some of the others, in the evening we headed into Monterey for dinner and Russo & Steele auction.

Not mentioned by others is the Quail Lodge on Friday, although I think some folks got a preview last year Thursday evening wandering over from the Baja Cantina. Both Quail and Pebble require tickets in advance (unless you do the early bird sneak preview arrival) and Quail tickets were changing hands for ridiculous sums of money last year.

Since the Concorso switched from Friday to Saturday I no longer attend and spend both Saturday and Sunday at the races.

Whatever you choose you'll have more fun than you can poke a stick at and it's impossible to do it all so next year you can mix it up differently.

Julian