[DeTomaso] Cooling system

Ken and Lela MacArthur klckmac at msn.com
Tue Jul 26 15:41:56 EDT 2016

Good to know Larry. 1 more wrench in the system. Anyone know of this company Brassworks?

 http://www.thebrassworks.net/shop/p228/Pantera-Radiator-with-fans/product_info.html?osCsid=8e0a470ce0973c3c2afb29e3fd4d5cbd

They offer a front and rear auxiliary radiator setup. Description below: (Sounds interesting, never heard of them)

Product Description: Pantera Radiator with fans:
For years we have considered designing an aftermarket copper radiator for the notoriously hot mid-engine Pantera.  While we were thinking about it, an aftermarket aluminum company came along and convinced most Pantera owners that they had the answer.  We remain unconvinced based on the calls we continue receive about leaking cores and hot engines.
This year we designed a Pantera front mounted radiator to replace the OEM and aftermarket aluminum radiators.  Its made with tellurium copper and highly elliptical staggered tube design and serves as the mid engines primary heat exchanger.  This radiator also uses two 12" SPAL fans that generate 2,902 CFM and mount to a fabricated steel shroud.  We then added in the wire harness and relay kit with temperature sensor. Price as a complete unit is 1,325.  Please call for individual prices or any other modifications.
We also designed a rear mounted auxiliary radiator for those who want to remove the air conditioning and vent the heat out the back.
Pantera Auxiliary Rear Radiator with Fans:
So when a Pantera owner contacted us and requested an auxiliary radiator to replace the AC unit in the rear of the car we were happy to help out.  In the end, we designed an oversized radiator with a two 9" SPAL high pusher fans sending 1652 CFM through the core and out of the back.  We built a custom fabricated steel air shroud on the opposite side to route all air out of the lower side of the "engine bay" and installed a FlowKooler temperature gauge in the top tank.

Ken