[DeTomaso] Cooling system

Ken Green kenn_green at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 26 15:19:35 EDT 2016

    I bought a couple Ron Davis super speedway radiators that were new, but originally sold to Richard Petty.  Dennis Antenucci has been using one and I kept one.  Dennis was really happy with his.  They are BIG single pass radiators.  Single pass reduces the resistance to flow which some have found to cause cavitation at high RPM in the water pump in a Pantera, and the larger volume increases coolant dwell time in the radiator.  The bubbles created by cavitation reduce cooling at high RPM where you need it the most.
    There is an article on the Stewart Components web site on radiators:
Stewart Components
|   |
| Stewart ComponentsHOME ONLINE STORE Accessories BMW Water Pump Chevy Bolt Kits Electric Water Pumps Ford 4.6L Pump High Flow Water Pumps Pro Series  |
|  |
| View on stewartcomponents.com | Preview by Yahoo |
|  |
|   |

which says:
"Double pass radiators require 16x more pressure to flow the same volume of coolant through them, as compared to a single pass radiator"
    Since a Pantera already has a long coolant path, it seems like a single pass radiator is a better approach.  I'm not sure if the radiators Ron Davis makes for PPC are single or two pass, does anyone know?
Ken