[DeTomaso] Anybody been to the Petersen Automotive Museum in Los Angeles?

Clark Family cclark at ix.netcom.com
Mon Jul 25 23:02:22 EDT 2016

One highlight when I was at the Peterson was two employees came up to a
straight pipe 40s-50s era race car on display, moved the stanchions and
opened the outdoor doors to the circular ramp between floors.

One hopped in, the other manned the rear starter.  After 10 seconds of
cranking, the whole room filled with race gas exhaust and deafening
noise of a race car lit up indoors. They drove it right out and down
the ramp. What was the car? I have no idea, it was gone!

No "please clear the floor" or "stand clear" or even "plug your ears",
just gas it and go.

I liked their style,
Chris