[DeTomaso] Rear Window Cracked.....again

Stephen steve at snclocks.com
Mon Jul 25 10:21:07 EDT 2016

Given it has cracked in somewhat the same place, I'd guess that the opening
is not flat - that there is a shift to the front or the rear where the crack
originates.  My logic - glass is pretty strong as long as you don't bend it
- I would guess the challenge is it is being bent along where there it
cracked.  I'd get a straight piece of wood and see how straight the edges of
the opening are.  It may be possible to tweak them a bit by bending the
flange forward or backward a bit.  I know when I looked at the opening
behind the motor there is about 1/8 inch flex from one side to the other,
with the middle portion being farther back than the two edges.  I am in
hopes the rubber I bought will have enough flex to accommodate this.

Hope that helps.

Stephen Nelson