[DeTomaso] POCA Website is Down, Here's Why (7) - Call to the Board of Directors

Mark Pinson mark.pinson at verizon.net
Sat Jul 23 17:09:13 EDT 2016

Folks,

Following the POCA By Laws, this should be a fairly straightforward matter.

At issue is that some members of the club are opposed to either:  1. the manner in which Michael Shortt is or has executed his position as President of the club;  2, the manner in which Mr. Shortt is or has conducted himself personally and/or as a representative of the club, in accordance with ARTICLE VII  DISCIPLINE; Section 1. Behavior; or  3. both.

If this is the case, the Board of Directors needs to hold a vote of the membership:
  Confidence or No Confidence in Michael Shortt as President of POCA.

If the majority vote is Confidence in Mr. Shortt as President, then everybody should just accept that as the opinion of the majority and go on.  If the majority vote is No Confidence, then the BOD should do their duty under ARTICLE IV; Section 7. Removal of Officers and ARTICLE VII; Section 3. Forms of Discipline.
If the Board of Directors refuses or fails to do their duties under the POCA By Laws, then they should be removed from those BOD positions - simple as that.  All this Survey Monkey crap and the like is just BS!

So, to the POCA Board of Directors:  Step up, grow a set, and do the job(s) you were elected to do!

This is not what I paid my member dues for - it reflects poorly on the entire club as a representative body of Pantera owners.  This immature, grade school, playground crap has been allowed to go on far too long.  We are adults, presumably, and need to by God start acting like it.

And for those who may be wondering - not everybody has to run for an office (private or public) to expect that those who do, perform in the jobs they choose to take on.