[DeTomaso] NPC: power coat questions

Larry - Ohio Time Larry at ohiotimecorp.com
Fri Jul 22 13:55:16 EDT 2016

Ok guys I have some questions on power coating. I have never done it before
but have spent time reading and on Youtube for demos.
I would like to power coat a modern sand cast aluminum intake manifold. I
will clean up the cast flashing but it will never be smooth. I am looking at
the Eastwood Chrome power.
I have the Eastwood gun, clean dry air, new electric kitchen oven (fell off
truck $15).

Questions:

1.  If I coat in the shop can I carry the intake outside to put in oven
without the power blowing off?

2.   Some say pre heat item before coating, some say not to?

3.  How clean do the non coated parts (under side, inside) of the intake
need to be?  With them being dirty and out-gassing in the oven be a problem?

4.  Is the chrome power the best to use on the rough sand cast finish of the
intake?

5.  Use a filler coat? Thick coat? Don't worry about it?

5.  Bolts are put into holes to keep the power out of them, leave them on in
oven or remove them before oven?

Thanks

Larry - Cleveland