[DeTomaso] NPC Something is up at POCA

Charles McCall charlesmccall at gmail.com
Fri Jul 22 02:58:34 EDT 2016

POCA has been around for a long time and has been a great organization that
has added value to the Ownership experience.

For years, they have published a monthly newsletter with helpful technical
information. They have published a quarterly magazine, admittedly often
less than quarterly, but always good reading. I keep a stack of back issues
next to my bed, and like to read a few articles from the past before
turning out the light. They organize a national convention which is the
largest collection of DeTomasos in the world. A number of local chapters of
the national club organize regular events close to home, many on a monthly
basis. So it's done a lot of really good things.

Living outside the US, like you, some of these benefits are lost, but the
publications still made it worth it for me. It's really a shame what is
happening now, as only the owners will ultimately suffer by losing an
organization that served to enhance the ownership experience. I can only
hope that like the Phoenix it will rise from what appears to be a somewhat
ashen appearance and be a positive forcé again.

Meanwhile, this free e-mail fórum continues to survive and thrive despite
turmoil and efforts to kill it, and is a vital part of DeTomaso ownership
for me.