[DeTomaso] NPC Something is up at POCA

Larry Finch fresnofinches at aol.com
Thu Jul 21 10:52:14 EDT 2016

All,

I offer the following regarding Michael Shortt's recent writings, specifically his Southern Pride comments.

For reasons only MS can explain, in his text regarding the Southern Pride name concerns, I am personally mentioned multiple times. I have sent and received many dozens of emails regarding our club in the last several weeks. Probably six of them have been sent directly to the BOD, with CC copies being sent to an ever-growing list of concerned club members. In none of those emails, either received or written, have I seen any discussion regarding concerns over the chapter's chosen name. I have conveyed my concerns over multiple issues, but a Southern Pride complaint was never one of them.

MS predictably continues to depict the turmoil within our club as being the club "progressives" versus old school dinosaurs.

But what is actually occurring is more and more club members, and now more BOD members, are coming to realize that sometimes the ends do not justify the means, and that character does still count.

The threatening, bullying, name-calling and expletive deleted rants from MS, now being sent to an increasing number of the club's members, is what is fueling our club's turmoil.

More and more club members are realizing the problem facing our club is President Michael Shortt's regrettable and chronic inability to behave like an adult.

The first step to fixing a problem is realizing that you have one.

I'm ready for step two.  :-)

Larry

POCA BOD members addresses:

Michael Shortt <michaelsavga at gmail.com>, Mike Burnett <mbglobalsc at aol.com>, Bob Reid <RREIDCPA at aol.com>, Joe Stockett <qrtlow at gmail.com>, John Buckman <jb841 at cox.net>, Judy McCartney <Jpoca2 at hotmail.com>, Ed Mendez <edducati at mac.com>, Laurie Basile <laurieferrari at aol.com>