[DeTomaso] European front running lamp/turn signal housings

Larry Finch fresnofinches at aol.com
Wed Jul 20 19:08:12 EDT 2016

Mike wrote:

...Larry Finch also sold a kit that goes into the “L” pod with some slight mods and an adaptor.  I bought a set from him and he does a nice job with the kit and instructions  I believe he’s on the forum as well.  Mike R…..
Thanks Mike.
And Scott, according to my records, you got your set from me.  ;-)
And Yup, I still have some. But likely no adapters made up and ready to ship.
BTW, these were first ?? used on the Renault 12 sedan in the later half of the 60’s. The Renault 5 model mentioned by Roland is a very close cousin, but not quite the same. They have showed up on TVR models, the Alpine a310 and the Dacia 2000 made in Romania. Renault sold their old 12 tooling to Romania, where they made a slew of Dacias.

These two-color units were only installed in the ‘pods’ of the later GT5 and GT5S cars. The pods in the later cars were modified a bit for the mounting of the two-color units, so the USA “L” cars require an adapter for mounting the lights to their pods. No cutting of the wiring, and the minor unseen cutting of the pods could be “reversed” to reinstall the OEM lights with another purpose-built adapter.

Originally the housings were metal, but the Dacia units are all plastic. They are admittedly a bare-bones unit, but they do the job. Like the OEM FORD units, the two-color units also offer an alternate lens - one that is all ‘clear’. Just another front-end appearance option to know of.

Larry - mail off list if interested, BTW, I am also the guy to see if you need GRP4 tail lights.