[DeTomaso] Relay Activated Battery Cut-off switch

Joseph F. Byrd, Jr. byrdjf at embarqmail.com
Fri Jul 15 16:49:41 EDT 2016

I would also be interested in comments about the second part of Rob's question.

For my disconnect switches, I have installed them on the battery ground with the intent to isolated the battery from draining.  However this would allow the alternator to keep the engine running when disconnected.  I have worried that the alternator's voltage regulator could swing without the battery capacitance.

I would THINK if the intent were a energy isolation to kill the car/engine, the switch should be on the positive feed (with the alternator still connected to the battery).

Joe