[DeTomaso] Barn Find Pantera at $24,500 in N.Y.

Matt nwpantera at gmail.com
Thu Jul 14 00:15:44 EDT 2016

Just a comment. When I bought my 72 in 1999 I paid $20,500. It was complete
and driveable. Far from perfect but I actually got to test drive it.
It turned to the left in a scary way. We almost went for a long dive into
the Columbia river!
To find out later, the steering bushing (original plastic) was shot as well
as fragile cooling hoses ready to burst.
With the help of the good people on this forum I was able to get it right.
Thank you!
Anyway I drove it home from Mosier, Oregon to Everett WA.(just N. of
Seattle). About 270 miles.I even hit 100MPH once, with a huge grin.
As long as I didn't turn too much,it was ok. It did not overheat or sputter
once even with the original dual points.
I just could not believe I was actually driving my teenage dream car. Still
can't 17 years later!

These days I doubt you could find one ANYWHERE on the planet you could
actually drive home for under 25K.
It looks like the "cat" is truly out of the bag!

Matt
3584