[DeTomaso] Cars and Coffee this morning. 3 Panteras and a Goose!

Rob Dumoulin rob at dumoulins.net
Sat Jul 9 17:01:02 EDT 2016

OK, this may seem a funny title to you West Coasters, but getting
everybody's schedule to align such that 4 of our cars can be at the same
place is a little harder down here. I hear it has something to do with
Bermuda.

The Local Jacksonville C&C had an American Muscle Car theme on the upper
level and the event organizer wanted us to be with them because, in his
words, "You guys have a good story". Two other Panteras could not make it,
but Steve Duba, Brad Freemen, and I brought ours. Kate and Dan brought
their Quavle Mangusta which got about as much attention as the Panteras
combined.  Out of protest, Brad is blocking the Goose in the photo below :)

It has been triple digit brutal in N. Florida this week. Steve and Brad
both finished up their caliper rebuilds yesterday to make it to the event.
I got there early and grabbed a spot that gave us shade for the first 90
minutes. There were maybe 130 cars total from a Ferrari 488 down to a
beautifully modernized '52 VW Bug. The sun came up in full force at 9:30 AM
and cars started leaving. We all pulled out together about 10 AM.  Great
car day with great car people.  It does not get any better.

[image: Inline image 1]

Rob