[DeTomaso] Speaking of radiators.

Doug doug351c at gmail.com
Wed Jul 6 22:39:36 EDT 2016

Terry,

Coolant hoses tend to fail catastrophically, radiators and water pumps tend to only start weeping when they fail so usually you can detect the problem before it becomes serious.
But ... this assumes  you're routinely checking your coolant level.  For our little used Panteras, a pre-flight check of the coolant level is prudent.

In the unlikely event (after 42 years) that your radiator does start leaking, getting an original radiator re-cored is relatively painless - just make sure to remind the radiator shop to check the condition of solder seal on the side tank baffle that lies between the two radiator hose connections.

I say ride it hard and put it in the barn wet!  But this should only be done if you don't forget your pre-flight checks.
Oh Crap - I'm mixing my Westerns with Aviation.

Doug Braun
Blue 73L #5505