[DeTomaso] Make Designation in California?

The DeTomaso Registry Guy detomasoregistry at gmail.com
Sun Jul 3 15:40:06 EDT 2016

Ken,

To add...  I just checked my registration for you, and in that field is "PAN".

I've also thought it was odd that the California DMV forms have a pre-printed field title
"DATE FIRST SOLD"
yet on every title document (pink slip) and registration card the field displays "00/00/00".

My 1967 Firebird card showed 00/00/67, while my current Pantera card does not even show the year, just "00/00/0000".  (Meaning they
went to the effort to change the year field to 4 digits back in 1999, yet have no data.)

Why would they have this field in their database, (for at lest the last 40+ years) yet never show or
display any data?  All the paper forms have a box or line separators around where they print this data value.

Go figure.

--Chuck

Mike,
     I think we all know that Pantera was a model, just like Mangusta was a model.
    The registration for my 72 under make specifically lists "PANTE".  I never really thought about it until I saw the my 73 lists
"DETO".  Neither list Ford or DTMASO.  I vaguely recall that a 72 I owned a long time ago listed FORD.  It just seemed odd that at
some time someone was able to put down what ever they wanted for the make./
Ken