[DeTomaso] Make Designation in California?

scottcouchman at yahoo.com scottcouchman at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 3 03:55:14 EDT 2016

I think Ford was much more involved than just supplying the engines. Ford did supply the engines, but when Ford legal department got involved after the first cars were imported and tested by the Ford execs, it became clear the relationships/responsibilities were much more than a supplier or distributor. I've seen Pantera color chip samples that were branded Lincoln. Remember, Ford bought the entire company when they acquired all the little companies from Rowan Industries. My 1972 California title lists DeTomaso, but legally, I believe these were Fords.