[DeTomaso] Insulation material? Absolutely NPC!!

Jerry Knotts knottsj at galstar.com
Fri Jul 1 13:43:10 EDT 2016

Terry,

Thanks for the info.  I ordered the aluminum faced insulation.
By the way I go to Mars every weekday morning.  We just call it the
Donut shop locally.

Thanks again,
jerry knotts

On 7/1/2016 10:38 AM, Himes, Terry (397C) wrote:
> [...]
>     cheaper competitors, silver, copper or aluminum.
>     Astronauts visors are polycarbonate plastic coated with a thin layer of
>     gold.  Both IR and visible light can enter our eye's retina
>     equally well but our eyes have visible receptors but not IR ones. If
>     you encounter intense visible light those receptors will warn you
>     to turn away.  But with intense IR you would not realize your eyes are
>     being burned.  Do you still want to go to Mars?  Hmmm?
>     For those interested in Juno this 4th of July;
>     [1]http://www.voanews.com/content/nasa-juno-jupiter/3392909.html
>     [2]http://www.jpl.nasa.gov/news/news.php?feature=6552
>     [3]http://eyes.nasa.gov/
>
>     [cid:EBDB49B6-5B81-4C6D-9625-8B378A2B2B23]
>
>     "A Purple Heart proves you were smart enough to hatch a plan,
>
>      stupid enough to try it and lucky enough to survive!"
>
>     Terry W. Himes
>
>     JPL Jet Propulsion Laboratory
>
>     Dawn Spacecraft Team
>
>     Rosetta Sequence Team Lead
>
>     Phone: (818) 393-6261
>
>     Cell:     (818) 653-8213
>
>     Fax:     (818) 393-3147
>
>     [4]thimes at jpl.nasa.gov
>
>     From: Terry Himes <[5]Terry.Himes at jpl.nasa.gov>
>     Date: Thursday, June 30, 2016 8:51 AM
>     To: Larry - Ohio Time <[6]Larry at ohiotimecorp.com>, 'Julian Kift'
>     <[7]julian_kift at hotmail.com>, 'Paul Timko' <[8]thedrol at pobox.com>,
>     "[9]detomaso at server.detomasolist.com"
>     <[10]detomaso at server.detomasolist.com>
>     Subject: Re: [DeTomaso] Insulation material?
>
>     I will look into it. I have a piece of shielding in my office.  It has
>     20 layers.
>
>     But right now I am crushed building the departure sequences for Dawn.
>     Plus we have Juno JOI
>     this weekend.  Crazy stuff happening all weekend.
>     [11]http://www.jpl.nasa.gov/
>     Get back to you later...
>
>     "A Purple Heart proves you were smart enough to hatch a plan,
>
>      stupid enough to try it and lucky enough to survive!"
>
>     Terry W. Himes
>
>     JPL Jet Propulsion Laboratory
>
>     Dawn Spacecraft Team
>
>     Rosetta Sequence Team Lead
>
>     Phone: (818) 393-6261
>
>     Cell:     (818) 653-8213
>
>     Fax:     (818) 393-3147
>
>     [12]thimes at jpl.nasa.gov
>
>     From: DeTomaso <[13]detomaso-bounces at server.detomasolist.com> on behalf
>     of Larry - Ohio Time <[14]Larry at ohiotimecorp.com>
>     Date: Thursday, June 30, 2016 8:36 AM
>     To: 'Julian Kift' <[15]julian_kift at hotmail.com>, 'Paul Timko'
>     <[16]thedrol at pobox.com>, "[17]detomaso at server.detomasolist.com"
>     <[18]detomaso at server.detomasolist.com>
>     Subject: Re: [DeTomaso] Insulation material?
>     I recall reading a blurb from NASA (ya I read that stuff too)that the
>     gold
>     color faced insulation was much better then the aluminum color faced
>     insulation. You do see it in all the photos of the space craft.
>     Let's see if Terry knows about this.
>     Larry (what happened to the "Pure Gold" car?) - Cleveland

   [1][1]http://www.voanews.com/content/nasa-juno-jupiter/3392909.html
   [2][2]http://www.jpl.nasa.gov/news/news.php?feature=6552
   [3][3]http://eyes.nasa.gov/

   [[4]cid:EBDB49B6-5B81-4C6D-9625-8B378A2B2B23]

   [[5]4]thimes at jpl.nasa.gov

   [11][12]http://www.jpl.nasa.gov/
   Get back to you later...

   Terry W. Himes

   JPL Jet Propulsion Laboratory

   Dawn Spacecraft Team

   Rosetta Sequence Team Lead

   Phone: (818) 393-6261

   Cell:     (818) 653-8213

   Fax:     (818) 393-3147

   I second that the cloth and aluminium foils are top rate.
   Julian
   ________________________________
   This is a list of stuff a lot or racers use to protect their bodywork.
   Some of it is pretty expensive, but so is paint...
   [24][25]https://www.pegasusautoracing.com/group.asp?GroupID=HEATBARRIER
   Paul

   1. [32]http://www.voanews.com/content/nasa-juno-jupiter/3392909.html
   2. [33]http://www.jpl.nasa.gov/news/news.php?feature=6552