[DeTomaso] Chassis THPNLP 02290

Isobel Punt isobelpunt at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 29 06:27:23 EST 2016

Hi, all who responded to my query re 02290.  Confusion re dates arises from the fact that you guys in the US date a car by its "model year" whereas we in the UK go by the date of actual manufacture.  Our car is stamped Dicembre 1971, which is self-explanatory.  Glad to hear these early, pure Panteras are appreciated for what they are.

Thanks, Michael Shortt, for that snippet of history.  Do you have a record of vendor or purchaser?  We would love to get in touch.  Maybe the Club keeps a database of chassis numbers linked to members` names and addresses?

Does anyone know if our car should have a horizontal grille over the engine, adjoining the rear window? If so, where can we get one?  Ditto tool kit, driver`s handbook, anything else out there?

Best to all,

Douglas.

PS: We have no intention of restoring our car - that would be a crime.  When it needs repainting, will certainly consider going back to the original green, but it`s a lovely shade of red...