[DeTomaso] LED Brake Lights - Plasma Bulbs

Brent Stewart bjbstewart at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 28 10:18:35 EST 2016

Brilliant!  I've ordered a set!

    On Wednesday, January 27, 2016 10:52 PM, Garth Rodericks via DeTomaso <detomaso at poca.com> wrote:

   Product Review - Two enthusiastic thumbs up!
  I had an LED light kit from the Space Cities Panteras crew which I've
  been really pleased with, but I felt the brake lights were a little
  underwhelming.  They were about equally as bright as the original
  filament bulbs, but definitely no brighter.
  In my quest for brighter brake lights I found a review and
  recommendation for Red Plasma LED bulbs from West Coast Cougar.
  They're a bit pricey, but I thought I'd give them a try.  Anyway, they
  are definitely brighter than my old LED bulbs!  And they're much
  brighter when viewed off-angle than the old LED bulbs were.
  [1]http://www2.cougarpartscatalog.com/plasma2.html
  You can probably find some cheap Chinese versions of the same bulb, but
  supposedly the guys at WCCC tested a number of different ones with less
  than satisfactory results before discovering these.
  Attached are a few comparison pictures...
  The bulb on the left is the Plasma LED, and the bulb on the right is
  the SMD LED (old style).
  Cheers!
  Garth

  1. http://www2.cougarpartscatalog.com/plasma2.html