[DeTomaso] How much grease?

Charles McCall charlesmccall at gmail.com
Sun Jan 24 10:22:50 EST 2016

Hi all

While you on the east coast of the US are getting hammered with snow, it's
unseasonably warm here today, so I took the Pantera out. It's really good
for the soul!

I'm playing with one of my Christmas presents - a grease gun. I've never had
one before, and was advised that as a minimum I should hit my u-joints with
some grease after my long trip last year. How much grease needs to be added?
How do you know when enough is enough? Keep in mind I'm a grease rookie.

I hook up my tube to the zerk fitting and pump - should I see grease come
out somewhere? Or give it one good pump per zerk, or ??

Thank you!