[DeTomaso] Ted and Gail Mitchell

rallyfanatic at aol.com rallyfanatic at aol.com
Sat Jan 23 17:56:20 EST 2016

For those of you old timers who know Ted and Gail Mitchell, it is with great sadness I write to let you know Gail Mitchell passed away on January 6, 2016.  Her son, Rick, contacted us today to let us know and asked we pass the word on.  Ted and Gail have been members of the club since the 70's and Ted was the Master Mechanic for the POCA for many years.  Gail had been suffering with kidney problems and was set to go on dialysis soon.  However, she became sicker and blood work indicated she had developed leukemia.  Her family took her to Tulsa, Oklahoma for treatment but she was only there for one day before she passed away.  She was a wonderful addition to our club and was quite active along with Ted for many years in POCA.  Ted has had several falls in the last few weeks and he is in a rehabilitation facility as he broke several vertebrates (sp?).  He needed a halo for best rehab results but couldn't have it because of the electrodes in his brain to help with his tremors.  Thus, he had to have a collar and needed to be in rehab for rest, etc.  Rick thinks he may be able to bring him home soon, back to Jay, Oklahoma.  If you have Ted's email address or phone number you can use it, but there isn't a guarantee he will get it at this point in time.  His son requested if you wish to send any condolences to send them to Rick's email and he will get them to Ted.  Rick's email is rickmitchell007 at yahoo.com.  Please do not send any flowers as there isn't anyone at the house right now to receive them or take care of them.  I think an email is the best thing to do at this time.