[DeTomaso] Ghibli vs. GT5-S/Mangusta

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Wed Jan 20 22:29:45 EST 2016

In a message dated 1/20/16 12 32 55, mghibli7 at hotmail.com writes:

> Someone just offered me stupid money, and I do mean stupid money for my
> Maserati Ghibli. I have been thinking about getting a GT5S... Would probably
> have enough money left over to get a Mangusta as well.
>

>>>Hmm.   In that case you're talking $450K.   Are Ghiblis really bringing
$450K these days?

Having spent a day driving a Ghibli through the Belgian countryside about
12 years ago, I can say that they are a marvelous invention.   They are not
shockingly fast, but they are certainly fast enough.   That view over the
hood is magnificent--it reminds me of a big luxury powerboat.   They feel
smooth and refined and make me think of Monaco and yachts--certainly Ghibli Man
is a far more sophisticated and affluent fellow than Pantera Man is.

You've already got a Pantera--a second one wouldn't really change your life
that much for the better, and a Mangusta will always be a disappointment
from behind the wheel.   I would never trade a Ghibli for those two, although
I might be convinced to trade it for something else--like 25-50% of a
Daytona.