[DeTomaso] Odd ball ZF bell housing on ebay

Ken Green kenn_green at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 16 15:15:34 EST 2016

 This just doesn't look right (or even finished):
FORD 289 302 BLOCK TO A-Z.F TRANSMISSION BELLHOUSING ALUMINUM RACING PANTERA
|   |
| FORD 289 302 BLOCK TO A-Z.F TRANSMISSION BE...US $299.99 New in eBay Motors, Parts & Accessories, Car & Truck Parts |
|  |
| View on www.ebay.com | Preview by Yahoo |
|  |
|   |

I didn't think  a 302 or 289 uses a different bell housing.  I don't see threaded holes for starter studs, and the thick metal on the bottom corners doesn't seem to have a purpose?  The 4 holes for bolting to the ZF seem to be too close to the edge?
It looks like a prototype that didn't go anywhere?
Ken