[DeTomaso] C4 Seat Modifications

Corey Price coreyjprice at gmail.com
Fri Jan 15 20:06:57 EST 2016

Thanks to all.  I'm interested also if people take the tracks off the seats
and use the Pantera tracks.  It seems like it would reduce the height.

I recently bought a pair of C4 seats from a fellow local Pantera owner for
not much money.  While I don't like the big, ill-fitting plastic bottom and
back, the seats were really comfortable when I first sat in them.  I can
see why Pantera owners like them.  I have a couple ideas for making the
backs and bottoms look better.

I like some Recaros better for looks but these fit me just as well and were
a small fraction of the price of new seats.

Corey

On Fri, Jan 15, 2016 at 4:53 PM, Dave Londry <davel at emspace.com> wrote:

> When you removed the tracks were you able to use the original mount
> locations Julian?
> Looking for helmet room.
> dave
>

> On 1/14/16 1:23 PM, Julian Kift wrote:
>
>> When I did it it was as simple as remove the tracks from the Pantera
>> seats locate and mount on the C4 seats, bolt in. The C4 seats have a
>> plastic seat bottom tray so easy to locate the tracks wherever you want the
>> seat positioned. I actually ended up removing the tracks again and bolting
>> the seats to directly to the floor to gain headroom.
>>
>> Julian

-------------- next part --------------
   Thanks to all.A  I'm interested also if people take the tracks off the
   seats and use the Pantera tracks.A  It seems like it would reduce the
   height.A
   I recently bought a pair of C4 seats from a fellow localA Pantera owner
   for not much money.A  While I don't like the big, ill-fittingA plastic
   bottom and back, the seats were really comfortable when I first sat in
   them.A  I can see why Pantera owners like them.A  I have a couple ideas
   for making the backs and bottoms look better.
   I like someA Recaros better for looksA but these fitA me just as
   wellA and were a small fraction of the price of new seats.
   Corey

   On Fri, Jan 15, 2016 at 4:53 PM, Dave Londry <[1]davel at emspace.com>
     When you removed the tracks were you able to use the original mount
     locations Julian?
     Looking for helmet room.
     dave

     When I did it it was as simple as remove the tracks from the Pantera
     seats locate and mount on the C4 seats, bolt in. The C4 seats have a
     plastic seat bottom tray so easy to locate the tracks wherever you
     want the seat positioned. I actually ended up removing the tracks
     again and bolting the seats to directly to the floor to gain
     headroom.
     Julian
     etc.) use the links above.
     etc.) use the links above.