[DeTomaso] Peter Brock-designed Shelby De Tomaso P70 to appear at Amelia Island

Himes, Terry (397C) terry.himes at jpl.nasa.gov
Fri Jan 15 13:18:37 EST 2016

Whaaat??  Really.  I did not know this!.  Interesting…

"[snip]
Entered in three races, the Sport 5000 arrived at just one, the 1966 Grand Prix of Mugello, where the car failed to complete the first lap.
Still, the P70 development effort paid off for De Tomaso, which used a variant of the P70 chassis to underpin the Mangusta (Italian for Mongoose,
a not-so-subtle jab at Shelby and his Cobra) and the later Pantera.

Terry W. Himes
JPL Jet Propulsion Laboratory
InSight Sequence Team Lead
Rosetta Sequence Team Lead