[DeTomaso] parking brakes

Scott Bell scott at saccrestorations.net
Wed Jan 13 23:19:16 EST 2016

Yes, the E-Stopp Electronic Parking Brake Kit is back and available to use with the stock Pantera rear Calipers or with any aftermarket parking brake caliper. I will add them back to our website later this week.

We offer the kit as it is sold from E-Stopp. The do-it-yourselfer can fab the brackets needed to mount it in the Pantera. OR, we offer an installation kit that makes the unit a bolt on upgrade.

Interestingly, before I had the E-Stopp installed in my Pantera, I almost never set my parking brake. Not sure why, maybe because I didn’t like how awkward the stock unit was to operate. For the stock unit to work it really needs to be set with a bit or force. Then, to release, I needed to use both hands. After installing the Electronic unit, I set the parking brake every time I park the car.

In addition to the Electronic Actuator, SACC Restorations is coming out with a new Parking Brake Caliper Kit that will be a bolt on unit custom fitted specifically for the Pantera. This will give owners an opportunity to upgrade to a great looking, light weight and affordable parking brake solution. More to come on the new product in the next few weeks!

Scott