[DeTomaso] parking brakes

Stephen steve at snclocks.com
Wed Jan 13 15:23:56 EST 2016

When I was going through my brakes I wanted to clean out the e-brake
housings and the cables.  So, I cut off the cable ends, took everything
apart, took all the old plastic sheath off the housings, replaced with heavy
shrink-to-fit, cut the housings to be a better fit with less excess length,
lubed with graphite-impregnated grease, then put new ends on the cables to
match the length that they needed to be.  Went together very nicely.

It would have been pretty much as simple to change length to match a front
mounting for the originals, but would have likely required cutting a pair of
holes in the sheet metal - I hate extra holes.

For what all that is worth.

Stephen Nelson