[DeTomaso] parking brakes

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Wed Jan 13 14:51:57 EST 2016

In a message dated 1/13/16 9 15 10, gaino at earthlink.net writes:

>    Is it possible to mount the stock calipers in the front position to
> use
>    as Ebrake?  He already has the Wilwoods installed and saftey wired on
>    the rear mounts.
>

>>>People who say 'yes' are forgetting about simple mechanics.   The
calipers are actuated by cables which are introduced into the rear of the
wheelwell.   If the calipers are repositioned the cables will no longer fit, plus if
longer ones were used, they would foul the driveshafts on their way
forward.   The only possible way to make a system like that work would be to
reposition the cables so they entered the wheelwells ahead of, instead of behind
the hub carriers, and there would be a fair bit of engineering involved.   I
suppose it might be possible, but it certainly won't be a trivial exercise.