[DeTomaso] NPC Photo storage; was Gas tank removal/chassis rust

Jeff Detrich jjdetrich at gmail.com
Sun Jan 10 09:24:52 EST 2016

On Sun, Jan 10, 2016 at 8:17 AM, Jeff Detrich <jjdetrich at gmail.com> wrote:

> I totally support Terry for a design review. The website redesign has gone
> badly since the first efforts were made in the 2006-2007 time frame when
> the "free" Joomla effort was begun, then again when the site got hacked,
> and again last year.
>
> It is so much more than the pretty pictures. Security, database design,
> PayPal interfaces, migrating the Member database to a secure web
> environment, providing usable (and that's the key) access to the club's
> vast store of knowledge in the past Newsletters and Profiles, even the
> forum content - there's a lot that needs to be donefto make it successful.
> It looks simple on the surface but in reality, there's a lot of depth to
> our needs.

Got me to thinking, even things like field sizes need to be considered,
seems pretty mundane but turns outr to be important in the details. Or how
does a Member manage what information he wants to make available when the
Membership Directory is done on-line. Lots to think about.

If we have Board-level postions for the Editors for Profiles and for the
Newsletter, then we surely need one for the Website. I nominate Terry,
although I suspect he is too busy at work to take on the responsibility. If
not him, the person needs to be fluent in project management, system
usability, security, database design, etc. etc.

Jeff
6559