[DeTomaso] Panteras at Le Mans Classic

davek detomaso.pantera at verizon.net
Wed Jan 6 18:34:32 EST 2016

Am 06.01.2016 um 19:34 schrieb Tomas Gunnarsson:> If you have the serial number
of Dr JAP:rgens' car I'll not contest you but there are many details that differ
 between the cars aside from paint.>> Blue car: Faux gills replaced by smooth re
placement, big fender vent behind front wheel, door window frame missing (includ
ing quarter window), pop up headlights.>> White car: Stock type gills, no fender
 vent, stock type door window frame, plexi covered recessed headlights.>> The on
line pics I found of blue car may be old of course.>> Tomas
The S/N of the white car is shown as 6051 on the link posted by Mike -  [1]http:
//www.ultimatecarpage.com/gallery/44948/DeTomaso-Pantera-Group-4.html
The S/N of the blue car is shown as 5208 on that same website - [2]http://www.ul
timatecarpage.com/galcar/39964/DeTomaso-Pantera-Group-IV.html
My understanding is the regulations for the LM Classic in 2016 are a bit tighter
 and more in line with the original homologation specs.
Therefore some cars which ran at LMC previously may not be eligible in 2016 w/o
changes to their configuration. The "big fender vent behind front window" mentio
ned above *may* be one example where pushing the boundaries of "period correct"
is now getting dialed back.
Either way, the Panteras built by Willi Braun are amazing! Great to see the amou
nt of workmanship, engineering and attention to detail put into his creations ..
. and awesome to see one racing at Le Mans!
Dave