[DeTomaso] Pantera Down! Need Help

Sean Korb spkorb at gmail.com
Wed Jan 6 09:40:15 EST 2016

I'm not sure how to check from here, but ProComp does have tach adapters PC
2029 and PC 2030 for points and amplifiers/magnetic pickup respectively.

I'd pop the Unilight back in and see if the tach works normally and if it
does, you know you need an adapter of some kind for the ProComp.  I really
hope Brad can put it back together easily.  I've always admired the work
done to modify a Pantera for the differently abled.

--
   I'm not sure how to check from here, but ProComp does have tach
   adapters PC 2029 and PC 2030 for points and amplifiers/magnetic pickup
   respectively.
   I'd pop the Unilight back in and see if the tach works normally and if
   it does, you know you need an adapter of some kind for the ProComp.A  I
   really hope Brad can put it back together easily.A  I've always admired
   the work done to modify a Pantera for the differently abled.

     A  A  A  A  A  A  A  This is veryA  simple, but I suspect the
     problem may be the Pro Comp Distributor.A  If I am not mistaken, Pro
     Comp is a superficial hipo Chinese company with an abysmal track
     record of crappy parts andA  fragile quality.
     A  A  A  A  A  A  A  A  A  A  A  A  A Warmest regards,A  Chuck
     Engles
     Brad Freeman swapped out his Mallory Unilite and installed a Pro
     Comp
     Distributor and now his RPMs do not read correctly.A  For those of
     you who
     do not know Brad, his car is equipped with an electric clutch servo
     allowing him to drive the car with his paralyzed leg. Since the RPM
     readings are not correct, the servo unit not function properly and
     he
     cannot drive it.
     Here is the Setup:
     Pro Comp Low Profile Distributor
     Matching Coil
     No MSD 6AL and no Tach Adapter
     Here are the symptoms:
     Engine Runs Perfectly
     At idle, it shows 200 RPMs.
     Blip the gas and it jumps up appropriately then rests around 1,000
     where it
     should be for about 3 seconds, then drops back to 200 RPMs.A  The
     alternator
     was changed at the same time, if that is relevant.
     My MSD setup was years ago and I needed the 6AL and tach adapter to
     get
     mine working. Not sure how it is now though. I am going to visit him
     Saturday to help diagnose/fix it or swap his distributor back to the
     Mallory.
     Anybody have ideas as to what might be wrong or suggestions on how
     to best
     troubleshoot it?
     etc.) use the links above.

     etc.) use the links above.

   --
   Sean Korb [6]spkorb at spkorb.org [7]http://www.spkorb.org
   '65,'68 Mustangs,'68 Cougar,'78 R100/7,'60 Metro,'59 A35,'71 Pantera
   "Computers are useless.A  They can only give you answers." -P. Picasso