[DeTomaso] Anti Football Run

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Sun Jan 3 22:42:35 EST 2016

In a message dated 1/3/16 7:24:13 PM, guido_detomaso at prodigy.net writes:

> I think Matt Kelleher may have been standing near the Miura with the
> rear lid open, there was a guy talking about Panteras.  I had on a Pantera
> T-shirt, not one of the deathmetal shirts but one from LV 20 years ago.  No one a
> sked about it.
>
>>>Too bad he didn't catch up with you.

> > Funny thing was, there wasn't a lot of time to stand near your car and
> field questions.

again?), it's mostly go go go.

> >I also put my Pantera name badge on the $40 event hat, but then didn't
> wear it that much, my mistake.

> >It was nice to have heat ... the guys in open cars, some without
> windshields, that had to be brutal.  Even in a closed car, I'm guessing 250 miles
> in Europa or other tiny car might not make a good first date, so to speak.
>
>>>HAHAHA!!!
>
> >There was some drama the day before when I noticed one of the front tires
> was low, like sidewall to the ground, so was up extra early and shot some
> Slime into it, pumped it up in the dark.  Seemed to do the trick, but I
> badly need to replace the fronts, find some less-old XWX's or do the Radial
> T/A thing all around.  Surprisingly, I don't have and extra set of wheels,
> stockers seem to be not as cheap right now as before.
>
>>>I recall selling you a set of 1971 wheels (at the time I was unaware of
the significant differences that would make them visually unsuited to your
L-model) in about 1992.   What happened to those?

You don't really need a second set of wheels though--you just need a single
quality set of tires on your good, existing wheels.

> >Speaking of wheels, this no-room-for-a-full-size spare thing ... so far
> I've avoided coming home on the slider bed truck, but it's kinda silly.
>
>>>No, it's not.

> > I know some of the new cars don't have any spare, but depending on
> emergency road service or the charity of others rubs me the wrong way.
>
>>>This isn't Mad Max.   And it's not like you ever take the car a thousand
miles from home.

> > I actually left a Ford wheel and tire on my driveway with a label:
> "This One", imagining that conceivably, if I had a flat someone could find the
> tire on the driveway and bring it to me.  Maybe a better idea would be to
> spring for one of those high pressure skinny spares off a late model Ford,
> one that would fit in the rear trunk.  Lashing a spare to the roof,
> rally-style, I'm not there yet.

rear tire.   So you leap into action, jack up the car, remove the flat,
install the spare tire, inflate it...and then what?

Throw your Campagnolo and flat tire away and motor off on three factory
wheels and a donut?   There's no place to put the flat tire/spare in the car.

No.   You pull out your AAA card, call the tow truck, and motor home in a
dignified manner.   Well, as dignified as you can be when your pride and joy
is on a tow truck anyway! :>)

   In a message dated 1/3/16 7:24:13 PM, guido_detomaso at prodigy.net