[DeTomaso] Front Brake Caliper Piston Sticking

Pantdino pantdino at aol.com
Sun Jan 3 02:00:37 EST 2016

My car has the stock front calipers which have been modified by Hall many years ago.  He said as they came from the factory not all the pistons got full pressure and after modification I didn't need to bleed the lower valve..

When I rebuilt my calipers I noted the top bleed valve is not actually at the top of the caliper cavity, so there is some air space above it.  I had to put a piece of wood between the pads and hold the caliper at an angle during the bleeding process to get all the air out.  Without doing that I couldn't get a firm pedal.

Jim Oddie