[DeTomaso] Anti Football Run

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Sun Jan 3 01:00:37 EST 2016

In a message dated 1/2/16 6:26:42 PM, guido_detomaso at prodigy.net writes:

> Yesterday one man got out of bed in time to have wheels turning in total
> darkness, long before dawn.  One man scoffed at the danger of ancient tires
> that might explode, brake pistons that might stick, brake hoses that might
> constrict, & hazards unforeseen.  ONLY ONE MAN arrived on time to show the
> flag, to alone carry the banner of deTomaso at the 2016 Anti-Football Run.
>
>>>Well, there was at least one other PCNC member there, but his Pantera
isn't quite ready for prime time.   Matt Kelleher was driving his very quaint
black Saab wagon.   I'm surprised if he didn't speak with you?

> >Seriously, thought this event was popular within the Pantera element.
>
>>>Lori and I have gone every year for the past few years, including one
year where it poured with rain.   When the weather's good we take her Pantera
(it has heat, unlike mine), and when it's bad we take one of my Sciroccos.
We couldn't make it this year unfortunately.

It's a terrific event!

> >Don't have the official numbers and am not good at estimating crowds,
> maybe 80 cars, run was about 100 miles, with a bathroom stop at about 60
> miles.  Many attended the lunch after, but the was no area set aside for the
> group.  $40 bought a hat, there were no donuts or other free stuff.
>
>>>Normally if you sign up in advance you get a nice sweatshirt?

> > Very chilly all day, very clear, one could see the Farallon Islands.
> Found ourselves usually in a parade of two to six cars, many stopped along
> the way at unofficial locations.
>
>>>The mix of cars is normally quite eclectic.   The roads don't favor real
high-speed driving; a small sports car like an Alfa Romeo or a Lotus Elan
is the perfect ride for that event.   Still, it's a lot of fun no matter what
you're driving!

> >Car ran like it has been running lately, adequate is a good
> description.  Brakes were okay, maybe a hint of darting right but not the steering
> wheel-wrenching and delayed release experience of before.  250 miles total, car
> happened to turn over to 76K on the run.
>
>>>Glad there were no dramas!

> >160+ pics taken by me are here:
> https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1128039460562952.1073742131.10000
> 0707259570&type=1&l=fcf062a81a
> You can see it's quite a variety of cars that show up.  Got some GoPro but
> haven't looked at it yet.
>
>>>Fantastic!   Glad you made it out and represented the De Tomaso marque,
and I hope we can be there with you next year!

   In a message dated 1/2/16 6:26:42 PM, guido_detomaso at prodigy.net