[DeTomaso] email list SPAM - explained

Larry Finch fresnofinches at aol.com
Fri Jan 1 15:15:02 EST 2016

The recent complaints of SPAM from list members is a result of the corrective actions taken to resolve the ‘bounce’ issue of last week.

A global reset was done by Ed Mendez to resolve the bounce issues, but the manner the reset was done reset ALL email list members to standard default options. Which means you get every durn email anyone sends to the forum sent to your registered email address.

This was confirmed to me in a private email from Asa Jay and Gerry Romac.

In theory you will need to go into the email list subscriber page and reset your preferences.

I say in theory because I did just that yesterday but am still receiving every durn email.  ;-(

Gerry and I are now trying to figure out why the reset is not correcting the issue.

Just thought I’d get the word out on WHY folks are complaining about SPAM and how to (in theory) resolve the issue.

For over a decade I’ve kept abreast of the email list through the forum archives, which updates posts almost in real-time.

Keeps my inbox free of each and every email, but allows me to view posts.

YMMV

Larry