[DeTomaso] Coming POCA Registry topic changes to: ProvaMo / POCA registry Offer (II)

The DeTomaso Registry Guy detomasoregistry at gmail.com
Sun Feb 28 18:53:08 EST 2016

I seem to have accidently deleted my previous draft of a reply. So from memory, I will try to repeat.

I'd like to thank all of the replies of support I have received.   And Thanks! to Julian

for an accurate and timely response.  I have such a back-log of e-mail that I appreciate his worthy reply.

Julian doesn't know the offer I received from Michael Shortt, so .

Micheal Shortt suggested that POCA should have a registry.

(This topic comes up occasionally.

When an idea (re)surfaces, sometimes at the beginning it seems 'nice', but after intelligent review while

it might seem like a good idea, in practical terms it won't work, or there is a better way to achieve some stated goal. )

If the POCA board agrees with the idea, and they are willing to spend the money, and have people to perform the work,

POCA can create a registry.  Now do they start over from scratch, start with the previous POCA registry attempt,

or acquire an existing resource?

Michael Shortt pitched the notion of me giving my website to POCA now.

I started with a couple of questions.

How does that improve the DeTomaso Registry (www.DeTomasoRegistry.org <http://www.detomasoregistry.org/> ) ?

I did not receive a reply.

And whom has he identified to do all the work?

I did not receive a reply.

I think it would be silly to "turn-over" some resource to POCA even before they have found any volunteer to dedicate

the time to work it.

Michael suggested that I be "That Person", and work for POCA.

I do not see how that would improve the De Tomaso Registry or my personal experience as the volunteer.

I see the change as, instead of being in charge, and doing the work, I would take direction from POCA, and get to do all the work.

I do not see the merit of this suggestion.

In summary I decline to give my website to anyone at this time, and then go to work for them.

So that was the recent offer and my reply.

Moving forward.

Michael said POCA is creating a registry.  That is fine with me.  While I declined to be the worker on this project

I did offer to be an advisor. I just don't have the time to be "That Person".

Anyway, that is my memory of a summary of the discussions I have had with Michael Shortt.

But the topic could be, "How can POCA make the registry better?

 So ???

Chuck

The De Tomaso Registry Guy

http://www.detomasoregistry.org/Members/ProvaMoMemMain.asp