[DeTomaso] Breakes booster

Charles Engles cengles at cox.net
Sun Feb 28 08:19:18 EST 2016

Dear Freddy,

            From what little I know, there is no new replacement bolt-on for
the stock Pantera vacuum brake booster.  My brother went through this
recently, and the usual arrangement is to buy a rebuilt unit from Pantera
Performance Center, in his case, or another vendor.  You send in your old
unit and then get the rebuilt unit.

           There might be an obscure aftermarket bolt in unit, but I can't
recall hearing about one.

           I do know of a few people who have done without the brake
booster, but it does require (I am told) further modifications and changes
to the brake system, primarily, the master cylinder.

           My recommendation would be to check with Pantera Performance
Center.

                    Warmest regards,  Chuck Engles