[DeTomaso] Coming POCA Registry

The DeTomaso Registry Guy detomasoregistry at gmail.com
Fri Feb 26 20:59:33 EST 2016

The topic of "The registry should be..." could not be fully covered with a quick answer,
without the chance of someone NOT understanding ...

While I am about to depart the office, I don't have time for a full and complete answer.
I will make a reply initially just to Mr. Shortt's comments.  I'll address much more shortly,
under separate cover.

To his comments:

Chuck was asked ( 4 times ) and declined to work with us or integrate his
with ours.

>>>This is not quite correct as I see it.  What I said was that I do not have the time
to be the one to do all the 'work', but I am willing to be an advisor on the POCA project.
(Much more on this later).

Furthermore, ours will be much better, with far more information ( if you
choose to upload yours )

The Registry needs to be owned by POCA and carry on long after we are all
dead...

>>>I disagree that www.DeTomasoRegistry.org needs to have a change in ownership.
POCA is not the only one who could make provisions for the future.

Shelby owns theirs, as does every marque club.

>>>This is false!  Jeff Burgy runs (and owns) the Shelby Cobra Registry,
the GT40 Registry, the Shelby Mustang registry, and the Ford GT registry.
They are compiled in one THICK hardbound book.  Jeff and I regularly chat,
and he also contributes to the De Tomaso Registry!

>>>Jaguar does not own the Jaguar registry.  There are lots of registries
and I would estimate more are owned/run by individuals than by the corporations, or
associations.

It is not a business, it is not a money maker, and it will be for the other
registry members to use only.

>>>Jeff told me once that the Shelby (et al.) Registry book, even when sold for $300
is a money losing proposition.

I need not address anything further in Mr. Shortt's comments.

Best Regards,

Chuck Melton

(More later)

Things are going to be changing for the better, perhaps if everyone would
use their time to improve the process ( like offer items to include ), it would go better.

I can tell you that once the final version comes out for members to use, it
probably won't be changed

for two reasons, 1) those whom have already submitted their car(s) out
would have to do it again, 2) the expense

of making those changes.  I am not going to punish those who comply and
contribute, nor am I going to be fiscally irresponsible.

Michael Shortt