[DeTomaso] Coming POCA Registry

Rob Dumoulin rob at dumoulins.net
Fri Feb 26 17:38:04 EST 2016

I really do not understand the issue. This should not be about Chuck vs.
POCA.  This should be about what is best for the marque. Chuck has and is
doing a wonderful and financially thankless service for the marque. There
is nothing short of praise and/or lots of cash to make up for it. I cannot
speak for you, Chuck, but this could be a welcomed burden lifted even
though I am confident this is not considered a burden to you, but a
passion.  If I could buy you a drink, hooker in Vegas (hey, it's legal
there), or whatever I could to show appreciation when I get a chance to
meet you in person, I would.

But I see both sides.

If something, God forbid, would happen to Chuck or his registry, or if
Chuck decides he now wants to change his passion to collecting hummels of
Italian street peasants instead, we would have to start over. It makes
sense for the marque to carry this burden.

Flipside

Without Chuck's help or persuasion, we lack the non-POCA cars in the
registry.

Is there not some way to do this together?  Look, I've personally been in
this situation professional before. I conceived, designed, built, and
supported software that quickly was used all over the world.  The first 3
years, I was the only support and took calls from Australia at 2 AM Monday
morning when I was supposed to be on a plane at 6 AM to travel for work. It
was the hardest thing to turn over support for my 'baby' to an Indian team,
but I did because it was really the best way to keep it growing and me
sleeping at night.  This should be bigger than us. It's hard, but we need
to look at a big picture.

Rob DuMoulin
904.476.8744
rob at dumoulins.net
www.kbsi.co
http://www.linkedin.com/pub/rob-dumoulin/0/1b6/58

On Fri, Feb 26, 2016 at 1:58 PM, James coyne <tecnosound at hotmail.com> wrote:

>    Well stated Julian .
>    From: julian_kift at hotmail.com
>    To: michaelsavga at gmail.com; cengles at cox.net
>    Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2016 16:25:53 +0000
>    Subject: Re: [DeTomaso] Coming POCA Registry
>    CC: detomaso at poca.com; garth_rodericks at yahoo.com
> Well I don't know the details of what Chuck was offered to integrate his
> registr
> y with the new POCA one, but I am sympathetic to his stance given that
> he's put
> years of hard work, long hours and money into something that no one else
> wanted
> to take on for the longest time. He also provides free access to that
> registry f
> or the simple task of a submission, a tactic which has allowed him to
> amass well
>  over 4,000 entries. POCA has what, less than 1,000 members to enter their
> detai
> ls? I think it will be some time before you can categorically state that
> 'yours'
>  will be better, and as you state it "will be for the other registry
> members use
>  only" that predicates a POCA membership, thus to say it is not for
> monetary gai
> n is a contradiction in terms.
>

> The Shelby American Automobile Club is licensed from Carrol Shelby, they
> don't t
> heoretically own anything and it took law suits to get it all straightened
> out.
> We are lucky that Santiago De Tomaso or whoever owns the De Tomaso marque
> never
> chooses to get involved!
>

> I respectfully disagree that POCA needs to own the registry and it hasn't
> seen t
> hat need for the past 45 years. If your vision is truly to break down
> divisions
> within the marque then you I recommend you embrace what Chuck and others
> before
> him have achieved and not be bickering over who owns what and is bigger
> and bett
> er. The Provamo registry is currently THE foremost collection of Pantera
> informa
> tion anywhere, period and should be recognized as such.
>

> Don't forget this is an open forum not POCA, if you want the forum that
> 'needed'
>  to be owned by POCA it's on their website and the last post was 3 months
> ago...
> .. so I will continue to us my time how I see fit to voice my opinions,
> even if
> I am the 1% minority, when everyone conforms it is no longer a democracy.
>

> Julian
>
> ________________________________

-------------- next part --------------
   I really do not understand the issue. This should not be about Chuck
   vs. POCA.A  This should be about what is best for the marque. Chuck has
   and is doing a wonderful and financially thankless service for the
   marque. There is nothing short of praise and/or lots of cash to make up
   for it. I cannot speak for you, Chuck, but this could be a welcomed
   burden lifted even though I am confident this is not considered a
   burden to you, but a passion.A  If I could buy you a drink, hooker in
   Vegas (hey, it's legal there), or whatever I could to show appreciation
   when I get a chance to meet you in person, I would.
   But I see both sides. A
   If something, God forbid, would happen to Chuck or his registry, or if
   Chuck decides he now wants to change his passion to collecting hummels
   of Italian street peasants instead, we would have to start over. It
   makes sense for the marque to carry this burden.
   Flipside
   Without Chuck's help or persuasion, we lack the non-POCA cars in the
   registry.
   Is there not some way to do this together?A  Look, I've personally been
   in this situation professional before. I conceived, designed, built,
   and supported software that quickly was used all over the world.A  The
   first 3 years, I was the only support and took calls from Australia at
   2 AM Monday morning when I was supposed to be on a plane at 6 AM to
   travel for work. It was the hardest thing to turn over support for my
   'baby' to an Indian team, but I did because it was really the best way
   to keep it growing and me sleeping at night.A  This should be bigger
   [1]rob at dumoulins.net
   [2]www.kbsi.co
   [3]http://www.linkedin.com/pub/rob-dumoulin/0/1b6/58
   On Fri, Feb 26, 2016 at 1:58 PM, James coyne
     A  A Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2016 16:25:53 +0000
     A  A Subject: Re: [DeTomaso] Coming POCA Registry
     A  A CC: [8]detomaso at poca.com; [9]garth_rodericks at yahoo.com
     Well I don't know the details of what Chuck was offered to integrate
     his registr
     y with the new POCA one, but I am sympathetic to his stance given
     that he's put
     years of hard work, long hours and money into something that no one
     else wanted
     to take on for the longest time. He also provides free access to
     that registry f
     or the simple task of a submission, a tactic which has allowed him
     to amass well
     A over 4,000 entries. POCA has what, less than 1,000 members to
     enter their detai
     ls? I think it will be some time before you can categorically state
     that 'yours'
     A will be better, and as you state it "will be for the other
     registry members use
     A only" that predicates a POCA membership, thus to say it is not for
[...]
     A to be owned by POCA it's on their website and the last post was 3
     months ago...
     .. so I will continue to us my time how I see fit to voice my
     opinions, even if
     I am the 1% minority, when everyone conforms it is no longer a
     democracy.
     Julian
     ________________________________
     Chuck was asked ( 4 times ) and declined to work with us or
     integrate his with o
     urs.
     Furthermore, ours will be much better, with far more information (
     if you choose
     A to upload yours )
     The Registry needs to be owned by POCA and carry on long after we
     are all dead,
     Shelby owns theirs, as does every marque club.
     It is not a business, it is not a money maker, and it will be for
     the other regi
     stry members to use only.
     Things are going to be changing for the better, perhaps if everyone
     would use th
     eir time
     to improve the process ( like offer items to include ), it would go
     better.
     I can tell you that once the final version comes out for members to
     use, it prob
     ably won't be changed
     for two reasons, 1) those whom have already submitted their car(s)
     out would hav
     e to do it again, 2) the expense
     of making those changes.A  I am not going to punish those who comply
     and contribu
     te, nor am I going to be fiscally irresponsible.
     Michael Shortt
     On Fri, Feb 26, 2016 at 9:27 AM,
     <[12]cengles at cox.net<mailto:[13]cengles at cox.net>> wrote
     :
     Dear Julian:A  Precisely.A  A  A  A  Warmest regards,A  Chuck Engles