[DeTomaso] Coming POCA Registry

Jeff Detrich jjdetrich at gmail.com
Fri Feb 26 16:31:03 EST 2016

On Fri, Feb 26, 2016 at 10:25 AM, Julian Kift <julian_kift at hotmail.com>
wrote:

>  Well I don't know the details of what Chuck was offered to integrate
>    his registry with the new POCA one, but I am sympathetic to his stance
>    given that he's put years of hard work, long hours and money into
>    something that no one else wanted to take on for the longest time. He
>    also provides free access to that registry for the simple task of a
>    submission, a tactic which has allowed him to amass well over 4,000
>    entries.

Seems a shame to duplicate what's already been done. Perhaps the question
is, is there a way we can contribute to Chuck's work so that it looks
right, has the data we feel should be incorporated, etc. etc. and then
becomes part of POCA when Chuck decides he no longer wants to do it. If we
are collecting more info, maybe we contribute that database design and
website specs to Chuck. Or even offer to help him (money or programming
work) with his user interface in return for such rights?

Jeff
6559