[DeTomaso] Coming POCA Registry

Mark Charlton pantera01826 at rogers.com
Fri Feb 26 14:02:10 EST 2016

I agree that Julian has made very good points and quite eloquently. I also see the concern that POCA has about having an organization-based resource.

I wonder what happens in the future to that vast registry that Chuck has so kindly, generously and carefully built “after Chuck”. The Mangusta International Website is now down, and while (thankfully) Dana is still around, he has moved on to other priorities. Since there are so few of us with a Mangusta, the impact is relatively small, but it was a loss to our community as the resources and registry Dana created are now not available to us.

Should Chuck finally come to his senses and retire to a Hawaiian beach that has no internet, the DeTomaso community would suffer a greater loss. Especially should his hard work fade away. Perhaps there is another option that could be worked out with Chuck (and maybe you have already tried) that involves some agreement that POCA will aid and support the registry now with an understanding (formal agreement) that at some point in time Chuck passes the torch to POCA so that the knowledge isn’t lost.

Perhaps I’m being naive in thinking there’s a solution could work. I certainly don’t know what Chuck’s future plans are, but I have never heard him mention any intent to commercialize his registry archive which, I think we can all agree, does have great value to us and to prospective/future owners.

Mark Charlton
pantera01826 at rogers.com