[DeTomaso] Coming POCA Registry

James coyne tecnosound at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 26 13:58:13 EST 2016

Well stated Julian .

From: julian_kift at hotmail.com
To: michaelsavga at gmail.com; cengles at cox.net
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2016 16:25:53 +0000
Subject: Re: [DeTomaso] Coming POCA Registry
CC: detomaso at poca.com; garth_rodericks at yahoo.com

Well I don't know the details of what Chuck was offered to integrate his registry with the new POCA one, but I am sympathetic to his stance given that he's put years of hard work, long hours and money into something that no one else wanted to take on for the longest time. He also provides free access to that registry for the simple task of a submission, a tactic which has allowed him to amass well over 4,000 entries. POCA has what, less than 1,000 members to enter their details? I think it will be some time before you can categorically state that 'yours' will be better, and as you state it "will be for the other registry members use only" that predicates a POCA membership, thus to say it is not for monetary gain is a contradiction in terms.

The Shelby American Automobile Club is licensed from Carrol Shelby, they don't theoretically own anything and it took law suits to get it all straightened out. We are lucky that Santiago De Tomaso or whoever owns the De Tomaso marque never chooses to get involved!

I respectfully disagree that POCA needs to own the registry and it hasn't seen that need for the past 45 years. If your vision is truly to break down divisions within the marque then you I recommend you embrace what Chuck and others before him have achieved and not be bickering over who owns what and is bigger and better. The Provamo registry is currently THE foremost collection of Pantera information anywhere, period and should be recognized as such.

Don't forget this is an open forum not POCA, if you want the forum that 'needed' to be owned by POCA it's on their website and the last post was 3 months ago..... so I will continue to us my time how I see fit to voice my opinions, even if I am the 1% minority, when everyone conforms it is no longer a democracy.

Julian