[DeTomaso] President's Update

Michael Shortt michaelsavga at gmail.com
Fri Feb 26 08:29:23 EST 2016

Greetings,

The weekend is upon us, I hope that many of you will be out in your Pantera
letting the public see what true beauty looks and sounds like, represent us.

I have seen the upcoming March newsletter and it will contain our year end
financials, this should end all the wild speculation and other nonsense. I
have a letter from the CPA firm which audits our records and all is exactly
as it appears. Our taxes are filed as well. Kudos to Bob Reid for a job
done well.

The old website's content has been moved to the new hosting space and will
be switched over soon, after this occurs new features will come online over
the next 22 months. We're going to be using the money saved from paper
printing/mailing the newsletters to add content and features to the website
and improve Profiles, offering more value to your membership.

Details of the Fun Rally are being released, if you're on the fence about
attending, check it out and see if the events might change your mind. We
are going to have a track event on Friday, May 13th (scary), if that helps
you decide, we're happy about seeing Panteras at speed.

After two months in office, things are going well, 99% of folks have been
very supportive about the direction we are headed. To the other 1% ,
hopefully you'll come around, if not, know that we are going to keep
working to make it better and having to deal with distraction only bogs
down the speed at which we can roll out new things.

Suggesstions are always welcome, your ideas are invaluable, please keep
them coming.

Check out the store for new items, and great deals on old items.

We've had two monthly BOD meetings and two Cleveland Block calls in the
first two months, it's important to remember that this is a process,
sometimes (as we have all seen on recent TV debates) democracy isn't
pretty, but it's still the best method.

I am concerned about our Chapters, the general theme seems to be that a
handful of people do 99% of the work.
I beg you to step up and be a part of the process, things only get better
when we work to make them better.
Spring is coming up, start with a BBQ, pick a house, let everybody bring
their own steaks or chicken over and enjoy each others company, then work
your way back out to the driveway and check out each others cars.
In the coming months I'm going to be asking the chapters to step up, you're
going to want to have more people willing to make a difference.

Time for that spring clay bar and wax,

Later,

Michael Shortt
President